National Conference on Innovations in Pollution Regulation in Delhi
Key policy recommendations for regulating air pollution in India.
On August 13th, the Energy Policy Institute of the University of Chicago in India (EPIC-India) held a National Conference on Innovations in Pollution Regulation in Delhi. The conference aimed to facilitate implementation of regulatory innovations by bringing together experts working in pollution control to discuss the constraints and the reforms that can improve compliance and reduce pollution. EPoD's Co-Director Rohini Pande was among the experts chosen to present and participate in the event.
In tandem with this event, researchers from EPIC and EPoD prepared a policy brief entitled "A Roadmap Towards Cleaning India's Air" that lays out five key policy recommendations for regulating air pollution in India.
The conference and the policy brief have received significant media attention. Please visit the links below to read more about this important issue and the recommendations that came out of this study.
- Watch a video summary on the conference.
- How India Can Use Better Data and Regulations to Stop Industries From Choking its Cities, Indian Express.
- 660 Million Indians Could Live Longer If India Follows These 5 Recommendations, IndiaSpend.
- You May Live a Year Longer if India Achieves its Air Quality Standards, LiveMint.
- Life Expectancy in India Would Rise by a Year if India Meets its Pollution Standards, The Economic Times.
- Excessive Air Pollution Affects 660 m Indians, Business Standard.
- Indians Will Live Longer if Pollution is Under Check, The Hindu.
- Indians May Live 4 Years Longer if Country Achieves WHO Air Quality Standards, India Today.