Position: Senior Research Associate
Project: Ilm Exchange Platform, Education Program
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 12 months
Location: 29-P Gulberg II, Lahore
The Centre for Economic Research in Pakistan, or CERP, is a leading independent nonpartisan policy institution focused on improving decision making in Pakistan through evidence-informed research, engaging with policy counterparts with real policy challenges and designing and advising on high impact reforms based on data. At CERP, we also deploy cutting edge pedagogy tailored for Pakistan and provide data insights to the private sector on product and process design.
The Ilm Exchange Platform is a project of the Education Program at CERP. This Platform aim’s to be Pakistan’s first digital education hub that serves as a repository of knowledge, products, services and tools for low-cost schools, teachers and students. Ilm Exchange is partnering with a research team at Evidence for Policy Design (EPoD) at the Harvard Kennedy School to conduct a large randomized controlled trial to assess its viability and impact on school outcomes. The team leading this work includes researchers and technologists in Pakistan and USA.
This is a full-time position based out of Lahore, Pakistan. This position requires a strong interest and background in econometrics and quantitative economics. Working with management, the Senior Associate will create econometrics instruments, perform data analysis and build sound narratives to interpret data and draw insights. In addition, the senior research associate will guide the Ilm Exchange project team in improving outreach strategy, processes, products, services, and technology through data analysis and evidence-based decision making.
- Interpret and evaluate and interrelate research data and develop analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Oversee the design and pilot testing of data collection exercises, including surveys, based on discussions with the principal investigators
- Be familiar with programming languages to be able to construct dashboards and visualize data in a manner that is accessible and intelligible for stakeholders
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produce informative, actionable, and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant trends
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement and recognize value-adding hypothesis for analysis
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes, develop optimization strategies and drive answers and results
- Communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management, keeping in mind the broader context of all stakeholders
- Ensure solutions are actionable and reality checked to meet project needs and requirements*
(*This is not an exhaustive list of tasks and tasks may be added or modified based on the needs of the assignments or as directed by the line managers.)
Qualification and Skills
- Masters in Economics, Business Administration (MBA), Computer Sciences, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or equivalent with strong econometrics background
- A Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in research/program design and/or evaluation, including the design and execution of surveys, focus groups, and interviews
- Demonstrated knowledge of data management of large datasets as well as data collection, quality checks of data, and presentation of data
- Demonstrated knowledge of using one of Python, R and/or STATA or other statistical software packages
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine actionable solutions
- Excellent documentation skills Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
How to Apply
Please follow the instructions below. Any applications or CVs submitted outside this process will not be considered. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Interested candidates should:
1. Fill out the online form found here, marking Education as your first choice.
2. Send an email to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject “Senior Research Associate Education Platform”. Please include your cover
letter, CV, and academic transcripts.