Employer: Inclusion Economics India Centre at IFMR/Krea University
Reporting to: Research Manager
Start Date: Immediately
Who We Are:
Inclusion Economics India Centre is an initiative affiliated with Inclusion Economics at Yale University, founded and based out of the Yale Economic Growth Center and MacMillan Center. Inclusion Economics India Centre is based at, and accountable to, the Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR) Society, with strategic oversight from Krea University. Inclusion Economics India Centre collaborates with the Inclusion Economics at Yale University team to enable inclusive economies and societies through research and policy engagement.
Drawing upon economics, political science, and related fields, we conduct cutting-edge research to understand how policy can promote inclusive, accountable economies and societies. Our core research focuses on gender as it relates to labor economics and broader economic empowerment; political economy and governance; and environmental economics. We also aim to build a culture of evidence and increase data literacy in the public sector, strengthening leaders’ ability to identify and implement evidence-informed policies. Throughout the research life cycle, we engage closely with policy counterparts to ensure we address questions of immediate relevance, and we regularly communicate data-driven insights with policy counterparts and the general public.
- Inclusive Opportunity - We study how policies can promote inclusion, and strive to practice this value by creating opportunities for individuals from all walks of life. We collaborate with, and seek to learn from, each other.
- Rigour - We take a rigorous approach to research and the entire research environment – from asking initial questions, to engaging with the right policy counterparts to create impact, to communicating final results
- Curiosity - We approach problems with open-minded curiosity and consider a wide range of approaches – which we then pursue with discipline and rigour. We innovate, drawing upon other fields and developing new approaches beyond traditional economic tools.
- Integrity - We respect each other and those we work with, uphold ethical standards, are honest, admit our mistakes, and are committed to constant improvement.
- Challenge Accepted Paradigms - Bold research and policy engagement allow us to speak to the challenges of supporting the world's poor and vulnerable. We are willing to look through new lenses to rethink the status quo.
We are currently recruiting a Research Operations Assistant, to be based in New Delhi, India. The selected person will report to and work closely with the Research Managers. This position will assist in tracking project expenses, field activities and other project related activities. The position offers a highly capable and motivated professional the opportunity to support the research function of the organisation. This opportunity will enable the candidate to further enhance all-around skills in the areas of research support, finance and project monitoring.
- Work closely with Research Managers (RMs) on updating and tracking project related expenses.
- Responsible for organized storage of bills, invoice, and other relevant documents
- Assist RM in reviewing expenses and ledger reports.
- Maintaining expense tracker for projects and act as single POC for RMs for all project expenses and payout related updates
- Coordinate with the operations team on the payments and finance related matters.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports for RMs
- Assist in reviewing bills, invoices, and admin documentation submitted to the project.
- Ensure that all documentations related to admin and finance on research projects meet the requirements laid out in organisation’s policies.
Research Administration and Operations
- Support in the review of data collection travel logs and reports submitted by the project team
- Assist in managing documentation of the procurement process (PO form, comparison matrix, etc.) on research projects
- Maintain attendance records system for field staff on research projects and act as POC for the admin and finance team for attendance payouts.
- Maintain project assets and other relevant trackers - both finance- and admin-related for quick reference and inventory checks
- Work closely with Project Assistants on various other administrative matters as required from time to time.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Graduate with at least 3-4 years of exp. in a similar role.
- Good communication skills in English and Hindi is a must.
- Should be well versed with Excel and other MS-office applications.
- Good understanding of preparing various types of reports for the project.
- Excellent coordination, and time-management skills.
- Ability to work with multiple teams and can manage expectations of various internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work in small teams, and flexible ways of working.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please fill out our Screening Questionnaire; you will be asked to upload a single PDF containing your CV, cover letter, and academic transcripts. Label your file “Last name, First name – Research Operations Assistant”.
To view other open positions, visit the Inclusion Economics Opportunities page.