PIs: Sule Alan (Bocconi University), Michela Carlana (Harvard Kennedy School), Eliana La Ferrara (Bocconi University), Marinella Leone (University of Pavia)
We are looking for a pre-doc research assistant working on the evaluation of two education-related projects in Italy: “Fostering Social Skills in Ethnic Diversity Through Inclusive Classroom Practices” and “TOP-Tutoring Online Project”. The contract is for 12 months. Good social and quantitative skills and knowledge of Italian are required. The position is funded by J-PAL European Social Inclusion Initiative and Cariplo Foundation.
Start date: by September 1.
• Oversee and coordinate baseline and endline research activities for the project TOP
• Clean and manage datasets
• Conduct statistical analyses of data using Stata and R
• Web scraping in python and website development
• Prepare literature reviews, background research, and other draft content for grant proposals, academic papers, project reports.
• Bachelors or Masters in Economics, Public Policy, or related field requiring substantial
• Strong academic record
• Strong interest in public policy and education economics research
• Knowledge of randomized control trials
• Strong Italian and English oral and written communication skills
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Proficiency programming in Stata
• Graduate-level coursework in Economics and Econometrics
• Prior experience on field research projects and RA work
• Proficiency programming in R and JAVA/Python
How to Apply
• Send an email to email@example.com following these instructions:
• In the subject line, put “TOP/DESS predoc – followed by your first and last name” (e.g.,
“TOP/DESS predoc – Silvia Rossi”).
• Attach the following documents:
1. Cover letter (one page max)
3. List of two references
4. Stata do file you wrote for your dissertation/course/RA work
• Few selected candidates will be required to complete a Stata test.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.