Employer: Inclusion Economics India Centre at IFMR/Krea University
Location: New Delhi, India
Reporting to: Finance and Admin Lead/Executive Director (interim)
Start Date: Immediately
Who We Are:
Inclusion Economics India Centre is an initiative affiliated with Inclusion Economics at Yale University, founded and based out of the Yale Economic Growth Center and MacMillan Center. Inclusion Economics India Centre is based at, and accountable to, the Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR) Society, with strategic oversight from Krea University. Inclusion Economics India Centre collaborates with the Inclusion Economics at Yale University team to enable inclusive economies and societies through research and policy engagement.
Drawing upon economics, political science, and related fields, we conduct cutting-edge research to understand how policy can promote inclusive, accountable economies and societies. Our core research focuses on gender as it relates to labor economics and broader economic empowerment; political economy and governance; and environmental economics. We also aim to build a culture of evidence and increase data literacy in the public sector, strengthening leaders’ ability to identify and implement evidence-informed policies. Throughout the research life cycle, we engage closely with policy counterparts to ensure we address questions of immediate relevance, and we regularly communicate data-driven insights with policy counterparts and the general public.
- Inclusive Opportunity - We study how policies can promote inclusion, and strive to practice this value by creating opportunities for individuals from all walks of life. We collaborate with, and seek to learn from, each other.
- Rigour - We take a rigorous approach to research and the entire research environment – from asking initial questions, to engaging with the right policy counterparts to create impact, to communicating final results
- Curiosity - We approach problems with open-minded curiosity and consider a wide range of approaches – which we then pursue with discipline and rigour. We innovate, drawing upon other fields and developing new approaches beyond traditional economic tools.
- Integrity - We respect each other and those we work with, uphold ethical standards, are honest, admit our mistakes, and are committed to constant improvement.
- Challenge Accepted Paradigms - Bold research and policy engagement allow us to speak to the challenges of supporting the world's poor and vulnerable. We are willing to look through new lenses to rethink the status quo.
We are currently recruiting an Admin & Finance Assistant, to be based in New Delhi, India. The selected person will report to and work closely with the Finance and Admin team. This position will assist in managing admin, finance, and HR related activities. The position offers a highly capable and motivated professional the opportunity to support the research function of the organisation. This opportunity will enable the candidate to further enhance all-around skills in the areas of administration, operations, finance and HR.
- Work closely with Research Managers(RMs) on updating and tracking project related expenses in the format prepared by the Finance Manager with inputs from Operations Officer and RM’s.
- Assist in reviewing vendor bills and invoices submitted by staff.
- Coordination for submission of bills and invoices by all teams, as per specified timelines.
- Assist in review of all invoices/bills, and ensure that all supporting documents meet the requirements of the IFMR accounts team.
- Support maintenance of a log of payment requests sent to Operations Officer/ IFMR Accounts as per set format.
- Assist in the storing and organising bills and invoices in prescribed folder structures.
- Once payment is confirmed by the IFMR Accounts team, intimate the concerned Staff, Consultant or Vendor.
Admin & Field Staff Management
- Support in the review of trip sheets submitted by the project team
- Assist in managing documentation of the procurement process (PO form, comparison matrix, etc.)
- Prepare field staff contracts as per dynamic project requests.
- Ensure that the field-staff contracts are signed before the work starts.
- Assist in the updating field staff directories and attendance for the projects.
- Assist in preparing and processing field staff salaries
- Assist in the update of IEIC asset tracker related to IT and Non-IT assets.
- Assist in the update of travel log requests and calendarise various travel for staff.
- Work closely with Project (Senior) Assistants on various other administrative matters as required from time to time.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Graduate with at least 3-4 years of exp. in a similar role
- Should be well versed with Excel and other MS-office applications
- Good understanding of preparing various types of reports for the projects
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Ability to work with multiple teams and can manage expectations of various internal stakeholders
- Ability to work in small teams, and flexible ways of working
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please fill out our Screening Questionnaire; you will be asked to upload a single PDF containing your CV, cover letter, and academic transcripts. Label your file “Last name, First name – Admin & Finance Assistant”.
To view other open positions, visit the Inclusion Economics Opportunities page.