On July 31, 2014 at the UChicago Center at Delhi, in New Delhi, India, numerous leading policy institutions assembled to address one of the government of India's most daunting challenges: How to meet the constitutional right of citizens to a clean environment without compromising economic growth?
This workshop brought together leading regulators, industrialists and researchers to drive the creation of new environmental policy opportunities to meet both goals.
Sessions covered the frontier of regulation today:
- Advanced monitoring systems
- Information disclosure and
- Emissions trading.
The conference was jointly hosted by:
- Energy Policy Institute of Chicago (EPIC Center) at the University of Chicago and
- Evidence for Policy Design (EPoD) at Harvard University
along with support from:
- IFMR LEAD,
- UK Department for International Development’s Building Capacity to Use Research Evidence Program (BCURE), and
- Sustainability Science Program at Harvard University.
Please visit our BCURE Pilot Projects page to learn more about "Customized server-side solution to improve information disclosure at GPCB".