LOCATION: Lahore, Pakistan
START DATE: ASAP
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT: Two year minimum
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years. Masters degree in Economics, Public Policy, International Development, Business or related field from an internationally recognized university
ORGANIZATION: Center for Economic Research in Pakistan (CERP)
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
The Center for Economic Research in Pakistan’s (CERP) strategic objective is to produce international quality economic research on Pakistan while informing policy and practice. CERP facilitates an environment where the international academic community in and outside Pakistan can work with program implementers to address key issues via academic findings, policy advice, and focused debate.
Already a leader in the evidence-based policy research field, CERP is a young, dynamic organization looking for a strategic thinking Associate Director (AD) to propel it through an exciting next stage of organizational development. The ideal AD is a senior manager who thrives on the autonomy afforded to such a dynamic and fast-paced organization at the forefront of improving policy in Pakistan. Though, as a strategic and operational leader the AD will be tasked with thinking innovatively and acting with vision and drive to develop and further CERP’s organizational goals, specific responsibilities will include:
A. Organizational and growth management
- Working with the CERP Board of Directors to develop recommendations and execute approved plans for strategic growth.
- Refining and directing administrative systems and operational policies in consultation with the Board.
- Overseeing staff for business operations (finance, HR, procurement and administration).
B. Partnership development and outreach
- Developing CERP’s fellowship system and network of CERP affiliates.
- Directing CERP’s communications strategy.
- Managing CERP’s relations with current and potential partners relevant to CERP’s research activities and capacity development work.
- Representing CERP at international forums, national and local government entities, multi-lateral donor agencies.
C. Project Management
- The Regional Centers for Learning on Evaluation and Results (CLEAR) are a collaborative effort between donors and member countries aimed at strengthening Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Performance Management (PM) capacities to promote and support results-oriented and evidence-based decision-making. As CLEAR’s representative in Pakistan, CERP provides training courses for executives, policymakers, researchers, and project managers, and hosts lectures, policy roundtables, and seminars to a broad audience of people. The AD will be responsible for oversight and management of the initiative including managing CERP-CLEAR staff; designing and developing of curriculum; recruiting participants and forging institutional partnerships to strengthen capacities and systems in monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- The Building Capacity to Use Research Evidence (BCURE) initiative increases the use of rigorous data and research evidence by policymakers. Led by Evidence for Policy Design (EPoD) at Harvard University, CERP collaborates closely with the EPoD team to deliver BCURE activities in Pakistan. The AD will be responsible for oversight and management of the initiative in Pakistan including managing BCURE staff; coordinating with key in-country partners and the management hub in the US, making key financial decisions and providing inputs into the design and implementation policy dialogue, training and pilot project components.
D. Support to Research Operations
- Advising CERP Research Fellows on project design, staffing and budgeting during the proposal stage. to ensure research meet international standards
- Reviewing and revising reports and other documentation sent to donors, as required.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Statistics or related field
- 5-10 years related work experience
- Prior management experience (at an organisational or project level)
- Proven organizational skills
- Understanding of rigorous research techniques
- Understanding of best practices in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Proficient in MS Office suite and database management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Urdu
- Familiarity and experience with international donor project delivery
- Familiarity and experience with the government of Pakistan
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “Associate Director”.
Deadline for submission of applications: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only successful candidates will be contacted regarding further steps in the application process.