Changes in the healthcare sector will have a sweeping impact on healthcare delivery systems across the United States. For healthcare leaders, effectively navigating these changes requires an in-depth understanding of how legislative policies will affect the way healthcare is delivered, reimbursed, and managed.
Rigorous and evidence-based, Shaping Healthcare Delivery Policy: Understanding the Challenges, Managing the Change explores current challenges and opportunities, and provides insights into the trends that are shaping the future of American healthcare policy and delivery. Led by an unprecedented group of healthcare experts and practitioners, this innovative program will provide you with a roadmap for delivering better healthcare amidst today’s dynamic healthcare environment.
Visit the Shaping Healthcare Delivery Policy Program page for more information.
- Review new revenue dynamics including innovative payment models and the latest challenges and opportunities in Medicaid and Medicare.
- Examine the latest developments in healthcare, including new healthcare delivery and operational systems, recent policy and regulation changes.
- Delve into real-world case studies that highlight effective approaches to change and performance management in healthcare settings.
- Explore new approaches to leadership and emerge with a roadmap for managing high-cost cases, aligning incentives, and delivering innovative care.
Faculty chairs Amitabh Chandra, Director of Health Policy Research at Harvard Kennedy School, and Sheila Burke, Adjunct Lecturer in Public Policy at Harvard Kennedy School and former member of MedPAC, bring years of experience and a unique perspective to the conversation on healthcare. They have assembled an impressive group of leading practitioners and academic scholars to lead instruction, including:
- Doug Shulman: former U.S. Commissioner of Internal Revenue where he was intimately involved in the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, as most of the financial information and transactions resulting from the law flow through the tax system
- Ashish Jha: Associate Professor of Health Policy at the Harvard School of Public Health; serves as a Senior Adviser to the Under Secretary for Health of the Veterans Health Administration, focusing on clinical quality and patient safety
- Bryan Luce: PCORI’s Chief Science Officer, responsible for leading the development and implementation of PCORI’s patient-centered comparative clinical effectiveness research (CER) agend
- Ellen Zane: former President & Chief Executive Officer of Tufts Medical Center and the Floating Hospital for Children
- David Cutler: Senior Adviser to President Obama's re-election campaign and recently named one of the 30 people who could have a powerful impact on healthcare by Modern Healthcare
- Thomas Glynn: former COO at Partners Healthcare, a network of Harvard teaching hospitals and health centers, for 14 years
Faculty are subject to change.
Click here to view a sample Curriculum for the course
Shaping Healthcare Delivery Policy: Identifying Opportunity, Managing Change offers a more in-depth interaction on the latest developments in healthcare policy than a large industry conference can provide. The intensive week-long curriculum explores new approaches to leadership, allowing participants to emerge with a roadmap for managing high-cost cases, aligning incentives, and delivering innovative care. Click here to learn more about the faculty