POSITION: Training Manager (Pakistan)
LOCATION: Lahore, Pakistan
START DATE: As soon as possible
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT: 12 Months (24 Months is Preferable)
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, Education Management, or equivalent
PROGRAM: CERP (Center for Economic Research in Pakistan) Training and Capacity Building
LOCATION: 19-A FCC, Syed Maratib Ali Road, Gulberg IV, Lahore
The Center for Economic Research in Pakistan (CERP) is a non-profit policy research organization founded by renowned Pakistani academics in 2008 with the aim of catalyzing policy research in Pakistan. We do this by undertaking rigorous quantitative research and building capacity for evidence-based policy making. Engaging with and building the knowledge, skills, and capacity of the actors who help shape policy is vital to promoting the long-term sustainability of CERP’s mission. These actors include public sector policymakers, such as civil servants and politicians, as well as private sector and civil society players. In addition it includes local researchers, both current and aspiring.
Training and Capacity Building at CERP: This training program seeks to develop a knowledgeable workforce capable of deploying a variety of strategic and technical skills that will inform policy decisions. CERP is currently a part of two international consortiums that were created with the objective of promoting evidence driven decision making, and use of best practices in impact evaluation and M&E within social programs: Building Capacity to Use Research Evidence (BCURE) and Regional Centers for Learning on Evaluation and Results (CLEAR).
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, Education, or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, with prior experience of business development, program development, and educational program design preferred.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented professional with previous record of growing organization.
- Exhibits organizational, management, and project planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, with high level of comfort in building relationships with key stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
- Excellent written communication ability.
- Fluency in English and Urdu.
- Willingness to travel within Pakistan.
Leads training unit:
- Manages CERP’s training and capacity building programs and ensures that all operational functions are effectively implemented and that milestones are met.
- Creates a training strategy, vision, and action plan to create a self-sustaining training unit at CERP.
- Manages training team personnel and operations.
- Manages and collaborates with CERP staff to facilitate program execution.
- Organizes high level events and other strategic initiatives such as trainings and policy dialogues.
- Responsible for profitability of training unit: Develops financial strategy; manages unit budget.
- Leads planning and organization of CERP Board’s Training and Education Committee’s quarterly meeting.
Responsible as BCURE and CLEAR Country manager:
- Oversees all activities and outputs of these programs at CERP, working closely with CERP core management and in conjunction with Principal Investigators and program staff based in the United States, primarily at Evidence for Policy Design (EPoD) at Harvard Kennedy School.
- Reports to and manages coordination with partners about upcoming activities; reports regularly to EPoD, DFID and other stakeholders and donors as required.
- Provides financial oversight of programs, including monitoring project budgets and submitting required financial reporting in compliance with CERP's operational processes and systems.
- Represents programs at Pakistani and international fora.
- Leads all donor reporting as per program requirements and given template.
Business development and relationship management:
- Builds and manages relationships with a wide range of domestic and international stakeholders involved in training programs, including departments in the Government of Punjab, educational institutions, donors, multilateral organizations, as well as partners in the private and non-profit sectors.
- Identifies, develops, and secures new business with both existing clients and new prospects.
- Organizes client visits, training needs assessments.
- Maintains contact with previous attendees.
- Engages with global partners to develop training capacity.
Marketing and outreach:
- Competitively prices training courses based on competitive analysis.
- Promotes and advertises training courses to ensure attendance.
- Develops content for marketing pieces such as flyers and web pages.
- Organizes promotional events such as research forums and introductory sessions.
- Works with content and delivery executive to build profile of ideal attendee, identifies relevant individuals, and reaches out to them.
- Responsible for all logistics, including:
- Event management, including venue and arrangements.
- Content logistics in terms of classroom set-up, supplies, etc., as per training needs.
- Manages logistics and administration officer.
Other: Carries out other related duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Please follow the instructions below. Any applications or CVs submitted outside this process will not be considered. Only successful candidates will be contacted
Interested candidates should:
1. Fill out the online form found here
2. Send an email to email@example.com and with the subject “CERP Training Manager”. Please include your cover letter, CV, transcripts, and three professional or academic references.